The Nepalese Association in the UK, Himalayan Yeti was established on 20th September 1992.
The aims and objectives of the Association are to promote goodwill and co-operation amongst Nepalese living in the United Kingdom and abroad; to preserve Nepalese Culture and traditions wherever possible and to foster good relations between the Nepalese community, the British people and other communities.
Within the short period of its existence the Association had been involved in various activities.
- Celebration of Nepalese New Year (1st Baisakh) which falls around mid April.
- Celebration of Nepalese festivals like Dashain and Dipawali which normally takes place around October.
- Running of Nepalese language classes and dance workshop.
- Women’s activities – they meet regularly to discuss and raise awareness of social, family and health matters.
- Youth activities including sports, educational tours, debates and others; to foster their understanding and preservation of their culture.
- Annual outing during the Summer season.
- Organising Euro Tour and mountain walk in the UK.
- Publication of newsletter to inform the members of its current activities.
- Nepal Himalayan Festival (1996, 1998, 2004 and 2008) – holding the festival in every 4 years.
The Association encourages people to of various other communities to join and actively participate in all its activities.
ANYONE INTERESTED IS WELCOME TO JOIN
For more information please contact: Puspa Shrestha
Tel: 0161 881 1518
President: Puspa Shrestha
Immediate Past President: Dr. Prem Bikram Hamal
Vice President: Dr Mohan Man Pradhan
General Secretary: Bijay Shrestha
Treasurer: Dr. Yogendra Bajracharya
Social Secretary: Lilesh Pradhan
Members: Dr. Chuda Karki; Dr. Gunj Man Sherchan; Dr. Tej Lal Shrestha; Nanda Raj Rai; Meeta Bhattarai
Co-opted Members: Buddhi Ram Shrestha; Dr Suresh Manandhar; Mahanta Shrestha; Dr Ramesh Khoju; Puran Agrawal; Chandra K.C.; Gopal Lama;
Nepal Representative: Umesh Malla
Newletter Editorial Board: Puspa Shrestha & Mark Tyrrell